Saving files from HarborCloud to directories on your local computer can be quite a few clicks since there are several subfolders within the typical Windows hierarchy.
You can save yourself some time by creating a shortcut directly to your local destination, and then place that shortcut in HarborCloud for a quick solution to go straight to your local desktop or other favorite folder.
- Log into your HarborCloud account and launch Windows Explorer
- Once the Window Explorer is open, click on your Local Disk (C:) to access your local computer
- Once you have opened the Local Disk (C:) directory, find the Users folder
- Locate the user folder corresponding to your local Windows username (i.e., the user that you are logged in with on your local computer) and double-click to open your local Windows user folder
- Once inside your user folder, you should see several folders, right-click on the Desktop folder (or whatever folder ) and choose to Create Shortcut to create the Desktop - Shortcut
- Copy the Desktop - Shortcut and paste it in your HarborCloud (T:) Drive.
- Once you paste your shortcut in your HarborCloud (T:) Drive, right-click on the shortcut folder and go to Properties
- In the Target field, delete the $ symbol in the \\Client\C$\Users target directory entry
- Click OK
Once you are done with these steps, you will be able to easily click on the shortcut in your T: drive to go directly to your local computer.