This article contains instructions on how to locate a company file that is stored on your team's T: drive in HarborCloud.
You may need to locate your company file for one of the following reasons:
- You are a new user to an existing HarborCloud account that has already uploaded a file.
- You are accessing a file for the first time with a newer version of QuickBooks.
- Your bookkeeper or CPA has already uploaded a file for you and you need to find it.
- You had your user profile refreshed so you need to “remind” QuickBooks what file you use.
All you need to do is simply open the QuickBooks software and browse to the company file's location within your T: drive. We only need to do this process once per file, as QuickBooks will save the opened file in your recently opened companies list for quicker access thereafter.
How to locate your company file in your T: drive
- Log in to HarborCloud and launch QuickBooks.
- Choose to Open or restore an existing company on the No Company Open. If prompted by the Express Start wizard first (“Let’s set up your business!”), choose to close out of it.
- Choose to Open a company file and select Next.
- Click on Computer in the left side of the window and then select your T: drive.
- Locate your company file in your T: drive and click Open. If you see multiple files with similar names, usually the QuickBooks Company File is the topmost file with a green icon.